Monday, January 22, 2007

Pool Rain



It's a gloomy day and I have been trying to come up with something bright for this post. I kept thinking about Brakhage and how I could create a movie in that style for my post. I looked around and all I saw was rain, so that was it, my movie would be about the rain. I saw it in many forms, hitting different surfaces, but the one that got my attention was the swimming pool. It looked like the motion was the same over and over, but that is impossible, water is never the same as long as it moves. I got the camera out and shot it. The slow performance of the camera and the motion of the water made it look like the same image was playing over and over again. It turned out to look cool! Call me crazy if you like, but I had a ball looking at the pool rain... that is what this class is doing to me!

2 comments:

silvashan said...

Juan, that is a lovely short film. I am so glad you're enjoying the class. Such new exciting ways of looking at the world around.

Six X. One said...

Nice! Very hypnotic. Congratulations on posting the first class vlog entry!