Monday, February 19, 2007

Eagle Animation



As everyone knows in this class, animation takes a big deal of creativity and a bigger deal of patience and time. I started this movie with both my daughters because I thought they would enjoy the creative process as well as the out come; one lasted five minutes and the other made it to almost half of the project (they are only 10 years old). I am a bit older than that so I have no excuse for wanting to drop the project when I was only half way done. I am very proud to say that I made it through and I have gained a new respect for animators, especially those of the old times without the help of the technology of today. I can only imagine the amount of work that a little video like this would take to produce on film. I cut it with FC and that allowed me to create and see the outcome of my ideas on the spot. I imagine it would take many hours of work to do this on film, just to see if it worked or not. As with any creative process, the best part is the reaction of an audience to the final product... my daughters liked it. Thank God!

No comments: